The 2nd Sunday of Advent had us considering opposite messages like we are each saint + sinner. We lit the 2nd candle on the Advent wreath, the candle for Love. If you missed worshipping with us, you can watch here.
We take the message with us into our week.
Does the Bible seem to give opposite messages? What do you do with these?
- Prince of peace / Came with a sword
- Come & live / Be prepared to die
- Lord I believe / Help my unbelief
- Love your neighbor as yourself / Deny yourself and follow me
- First shall be last
- We are saints / sinners
- God is 1 / God is 3
- Jesus fully God / Jesus fully human
- What do you do with opposite messages?
- John the Baptist came to prepare the way for Jesus. What are you preparing for? What do you need someone to prepare for you?
- How does the message of Immanuel (God with us) impact your life?
John the Baptist came to prepare the way for Jesus. What are you preparing for? What do you need someone to prepare for you?
Read and reflect on Luke 3:1-6.
How does the message of Immanuel (God with us) impact your life?
Please join us and Rev. Leon Kelly in making Christmas special for the families of Wyatt Academy in Denver. Go here to sign up to bake cookies, give toward gift cards or help assemble/distribute gifts.