It’s the first week in Advent. We lit one candle in the wreath and Pastor Dave preached on Mark 13:24-37: keep alert and watch for the coming of the Lord. We wait with expectancy for Jesus who has come, is here and will come. If you missed being with us yesterday morning, you can watch here.
We thank Lois for serving faithfully, leading the prayer and devotional ministry teams. We blessed her with a gift and since we couldn’t be together to thank her in person we were able to film it. Watch here to see her receive the gift from Vikki and here to see her opening it. See photos from worship here and last week’s The Well here.
We take our faith into the week with these thoughts for reflection and discussion.
- How are you at waiting? What can you learn from waiting intentionally in this season of Advent?
- How might you find hope in anticipation? Reflect on how Jesus comes to be with us in our suffering to bring hope.
- Spend some time with this prayer:
Grant to me, O Lord God,
– a vigilant heart that no subtle speculation may ever lead me from You;
– a noble heart that no unworthy affection may draw me from You;
– an upright heart that no evil purpose may turn me from you.
Give me a steadfast heart that no tribulation may shatter and a free heart that no violent affection may claim as its own. And finally, grant me O Lord my God, a mind to know you, diligence to seek you, wisdom to find you. Give me a way of life pleasing to You; perseverance to trust and await You in confidence that I shall embrace You at the last. Amen.Thomas Aquinas
Curated links and resources as we begin Advent.