We gathered to worship in what has become our normal – via the stream. The Spirit connects us together through mystery. If you were unable to be with us, you can watch here. The question we considered was “How many impossible things have you believed today?” The story from Genesis 18:1-15 of Abraham and Sarah receiving the Lord as three men offering hospitality and welcome. An impossible announcement was made – 99 year old Abraham and 90 year old Sarah were going to have a son. Sarah laughed and still God kept the promise when Isaac was born. Because nothing “is too wonderful for the Lord.” We are reminded of Paul’s words in Romans 5:8, “God proves his love for us in that while we still were sinners Christ died for us.” We can believe impossible things knowing our God: Father, Son and Spirit invite us into life, liberation and love.
Don’t forget to remember and honor men who have shared God’s love with you with Father’s Day gifts to Ready to Bless. Learn more here.
Join us Wednesday evening for our midweek gathering, The Well, 6:00 pm.
Take the message into your week with reflection and discussion starters; and curated links.
- How many impossible things have you believed?
- What does Romans 5:8 mean to you?
- How does the understanding of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son and Spirit) inviting you to the table change your idea of who and where God is?
- What impossible things will you believe?
- Read The NonTraditional Blessing and ask God to allow you to open your mind, soften your heart and reach out your hands.
- A Prayer for us, For Today
- Commencement Speech by BK Fulton
- A Juneteenth of Joy and Resistance
- Death to the Old