It was a blizzard and yet, through the gifts that God has given and prepared us for, we were able to worship together via the stream. The scriptures we reflected on were from the Old Testament to the New Testament. In John 3:14, Jesus referred to the story from the Old Testament, Numbers 1:4-9; and Paul reminded us of the message. We are alive in Christ, though we were dead to sin. For by grace we have been saved, through faith and it is not our own doing, it is a gift from God!
We take our faith into our week and continue reflecting and discussing:
- Read Numbers 21:4-9, Ephesians 2:1-10, and John 3:14-21. What do they have in common? When read together, how do they enhance your understanding of Jesus’ teaching?
- What images do you look to for hope and peace?
- Reflect on this quote: “Spiritual formation is the process by which we are shaped by the power of the Holy Spirit into the image of Jesus for the sake of others.” Nish Weiseth
- John 3:16 is a verse many know; what other verse(s) in John 3:14-21 might you pull out to memorize and hold in your heart?
- How is looking up a spiritual practice?
Curated resources and links:
- Psalm 121 / Crown Him With Many Crowns – Ed Edwards
- Finding the Rhythm of Slow
- A Brief Theology of St Patrick’s Day
- How Anxiety Hides In Your Habits
- The Call to Unite
We’re looking forward to lots of cool stuff. Watch for details!
- Fri, March 26 – Zoom Bingo!
- Holy Week Worship Services: Palm Sunday stream Mar 28; Maundy Thursday Zoom Apr 1; Good Friday stream Apr 2; Easter Prayer Vigil Apr 3; and EASTER Celebration Apr 4 with a parking lot, socially distanced service at 8:30 am and a stream at 10:00.
- Sun, April 11 – Outside Clean Up at RCHS, Noon (lunch too!)
- Sun, April 18 – Special Guest Rev. Dr. Larron Jackson