Even though the sermon title for yesterday was “The Sermon is Cancelled” Pastor Dave still preached. He wanted to talk about cancel culture and how Jesus was cancelled. God calls us to be crazy, but all too often we want to tame ourselves. If you missed being with us on the stream, you can watch here. See photos from Sunday and Wednesday worship here and here.
We take the message into our week. Reflect and discuss:
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:18-25. How does the Gospel sound crazy to you?
- How have you seen a perceived weakness be a strength?
- How have you cancelled another or been cancelled?
- When does the Good News of Jesus seem offensive?
Curated links, things to read or listen to.
- 25 Ways to Make Kids Smile Today (might apply to adults too)
- Spring, The Most Inspiring of the Seasons
- How to Properly Enjoy a Day Off
- Here Comes the Sun Yo-Yo Ma and James Taylor
- The Hiring Chain
Sign up for a 6-minute slot in the Easter Prayer Vigil here. Scripture readings and prayer prompts will be provided.
Join us for Zoom Bingo! 7 pm on Friday, March 26. Contact email@example.com to sign up.