Author Emily P. Freeman believes that intentionally reflecting on our days, months and years gives us an opportunity to really see what God has been up to. Looking back helps us to look forward with gratitude and courage. Her questions for the month of April are:
- Where did you see God in April?
- When did you laugh out loud in April?
- What is one word to describe what you hope for as we move into May?
Here are my responses:
- I saw God in April when I got to travel to the Palo Duro Canyon area near Amarillo, TX. It was beautiful landscape and an opportunity to rest and be recreated.
- I laughed out loud when my grandsons told me I’m weird because I DO.NOT.LIKE Cheetos.
- My one word to describe what I hope for in May is outside. I hope for being outdoors more and I hope for going outside my cultivated, safe space during the pandemic.
Jesus invites us into reflection in John 15:1-8 when he describes how he is the vine and we are the branches. How do we abide in him? Where do we need to prune our lives? What fruit is coming out of this?
We’ll be looking for you tomorrow at 10:00 am MDT as gather via the stream to worship.
Grace be with you,