Love, Light & Melody (LLM), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to “battling the physical, emotional, and spiritual affects of extreme poverty fostering a deep sense of belonging by one simple principal – moving in and sharing in the life and struggles of those they seek to help.” Through music and the arts, the organization brings healing to communities struggling with poverty at the Safe House in Nicaragua, the Pine Ridge Reservation in Oglala, South Dakota & the Sun Valley Youth Center in Denver, Colorado.
Message from LLM founder, Brad Corrigan, December 2020: https://www.lovelightandmelody.org/year-end-2020
Through our Ready to Bless fund, we join God in changing the world. Each month we send $680+ to Love, Light & Melody to support Bismark’s ministry, a missionary in Nicaragua who is the hands & feet of Jesus to the poorest of the poor. Click here for weekly updates on his mission.
GGCC supports LLM with monetary and in-kind donations and has sent missionaries to Nicaragua and South Dakota. The latest team led by Claudia Larson included Steve & Becky Koerwitz and Kristen Mascoe traveled to Nicaragua December 1 – 6, 2017. Click here to see photos from the trip. Thanks to your generous gifts to the Ready to Bless Fund, they were able to distribute financial resources to several ministries who partner with LLM.
- $1,800 – Bismark’s church; next phase of posts to support walls and part of the roof
- $810 – Rice and beans for families in the Nueva Vida trash dump community and toys for 21 scholarship students in the Beauty for Ashes program. (Parents get to pick a gift to give their child.)
- $750 – Jorge’s ministry at Pocho Cuape
- $430 – to Jorge to use as he felt best, with an emphasis on his and his wife, Monica’s health so they are able to serve
- $375 – bracelets made by ladies in the Tipitapa community
- $625 – Club Hope operational costs
- $2,000 – Discretionary funds used to pay for leader Claudia Larson’s trip
$6,790 — Total